Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"

Ready to introduce the new song this Sunday!??  I remember loving this song when I was in Primary.... "My Heavenly Father Loves Me".

I was moved to tears as I watched This video and thought of what it would be like NOT to be able to see the beauty all around us, thank you, Ashley Burner from Primary Notes 29, for sharing it.


To introduce the song, Im going to have everyone close their eyes and I'll ask them to imagine the most beautiful place that they can think of... 
When they open their eyes, I'll ask what it looks like, and I'll want to hear lots of their answers. :) 
I'll share how grateful I am for all that heavenly father has created for us on this beautiful earth and how much he loves us.



I'm so THANKFUL for an idea Wendy Olsen Buchanan shared, she said her Mom made this earth to teach the song, years ago, and now she's a chorister and gets to re-use this treasure!


I decided to make my own and it's still coming along, (see picture below), but I can tell its going to be a perfect visual aid for the song--- as long as I can get my husband to draw some of the images for me, haha.....

If you're interested in making your own, I just placed white and blue 12x12 cardstock papers together and traced the edge of a large mixing bowl for the circle and placed a brad in the middle. The pie cut piece was 1/8 of the circle, allowing 4 sections for each verse... I'll post a picture when it's finished. BUT if you're like me, and cant draw like wendy's amazing mom did, I found this great blogger who will let you print up her images for the song! The OCD Primary Chorister !


And then, if thats not enough :), I thought this would be the perfect week to pull out my parrot and play the "Parrot Repeats" game. If you haven't heard of it before, you just use the parrot to point to the kids to have them repeat the words that you are learning.
I found this cute little bird at a yard sale, he perches on my finger and flaps his wings, if I turn him on, (Which I'm debating) but even a picture of a parrot works... I just think this game works great with the song.
NURSERY: When it works out, I love tying my singing time in with my nursery plan somehow, so I'm going to take this parrot to nursery and sing songs all about nature, animals and outdoors!!


The rest of the time, if there is MORE time,
I was going to bring lots of things we can see, smell, touch, hear and taste...
perfume, a flashlight, fabric, fruitsnacks, a walkie talkie, etc.
Each song will remind them of one of our 5 senses that heavenly father blessed us with!




No comments:

Post a Comment