Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Church Of Jesus Christ


I hope everyone enjoyed conference and feels refreshed as we start a new month! 
We all got to pick our song this month and my Primary President felt inspired to chose, "The Church Of Jesus Christ"! Im excited....


To introduce this song, I am going to ask the children to tell me the FULL name of our church! Im sure they are smarties and will already know :) ...then I will ask who named our church? 

At the bottom of the song in the Primary Songbook, the scripture is D&C115:4, I will read the scripture that shows that our Savior himself named our church and how special that is!



Have a child come up and get traced on to a piece of butcher paper or posterboard. Tell the children that this image represents us, a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! As you go through (or review) each line of the song, the keywords can be written near each body part! The two "I know"s will be by the brain. "I'll follow" by one foot, "I believe" the heart, "I'll honor" by the heart as well, "I'll do" a hand, "I'll follow" the other foot, "I will proclaim" by the mouth!!! 



 Im excited to hear the sweet children sing the words of this powerful song!
p.s. Ill post pictures when our "outline's" are done!
"JR" 
"SR"

No comments:

Post a Comment